Enrich Australian lives through literacy.
Support and educate individuals, families and the community through sustainable programs and enable Australians to participate in society, both culturally and economically, to achieve lifelong learning and improved life chances.
Through our programs we aim to:
- Encourage reading for all,
- build awareness of the importance of reading to young children from birth,
- support family engagement through activities such as regular reading, playing, singing and talking,
- develop children’s literacy and numeracy skills prior to entering formal education,
- improve government, corporate, community and early childhood sector’s understanding of early childhood development through education and training and
- foster a lifelong appreciation of books and reading.