Raising Literacy Australia offers Professional Learning through a range of workshops, using evidence informed practice and underpinned by the national Early Years Learning Framework. Workshops explain ‘why’ babies and young children need language rich environments, as well as presenting practical strategies and resources to support play-based interactions.
Our key Professional Learning workshops are
- Building Foundations for Early Learning (BFEL)
- Developing Oral Language (DOL)
- Inclusive Literacy Practice (ILP).
- Language, Literacy and Critical Thinking (LLCT) – new in 2023
- Social and Emotional Language (SEL) – new in 2023
These are offered online across Australia or face to face in South Australia.
We also offer a range of face-to-face services with specialist presenters including:
- Chitter Chatter – Speech and Language Development in the Early Years developed by a highly experienced and qualified Speech Pathologist
- Library Curation – building a high quality literacy rich resource for your service
- Sing a Song of Sixpence Music Workshop – presented by a Specialist Music Teacher
- Sensory Processing in the Early Years – presented by a highly experienced and qualified Paediatric Occupational Therapist.
- Story Time – presented by highly experienced and qualified early years practitioner and librarian
- Information sessions – bespoke to your service, at events, for parents or for staff
Victorian School Readiness Funding
We are a preferred supplier for the Victorian School Readiness Funding program. Access the VSRF Menu of Evidence here
Our current courses are:
- Building Foundations for Early Learning professional learning
- Developing Oral Language professional learning
- Language, Literacy and Critical Thinking – new in 2023
- Social and Emotional Language – new in 2023
- Inclusive Literacy Practice professional learning
- Building Home Libraries – Literacy resources and professional learning (creating collections for families – connecting service to home literacy)
- Book Gifting – creating book gifts for children
- Lending Libraries – building a quality literacy rich library for your service
- Consultations – by request
Learn more about each of our Professional Learning programs below.
Book via our website – enrol here.